11.26.2012

LOVE RAIN ON US


FatouWurie Photography


This woman that i met while on Bonthe Island cannot speak, she is mute, and her face is striking. She is a mother of three equally stunning children. There fathers are sperm donors, they are not with her. It is quite an experience spending time with her. Her eyes dance, she is aware, and her entire body communicates. This is not a sad story, this woman seems comfortable in her skin, she readily posed for other photos. This image was captured because i was enthralled by her being. Love Rain on us all.

EXCERPT FROM JILL SCOTT, LOVE RAIN
The rain was fallin and,and slowly and sweetly and stinging my eyes
And I could not see that he became my voodoo priest
And I was his faithful concubine
Wide open,wide,loose like bowels after collard greens
The mistake was made
Love slipped from my lips
Dripped down my chin and landed in his lap
And us became new
Now me non-clairvoyant and in love
Made the coochie easy and the obvious invisible
The rain was falling
And I couldn't see the season changing
And the vibe slipping off it's axis
Our beautiful melody became wildly staccato
The rain was falling and I could not see
That I was to be plowed and sowed and fertilized
And left to drown in his sunny afternoon
Cumulus clouds,84 degrees,melody

Love rain down on me,on me,down on me

fambul dem this is how we do....

No comments:

Post a Comment